The Seventh International Conference on Learning and Teaching in Computing and Engineering (LaTiCE2020) aims to create a platform towards sharing rigorous research and current practices being conducted in computing and engineering education. The conference focuses on the unique challenges of learning and teaching computing and engineering in multi-cultural contexts in universities and high schools and on innovative and emergent practices that are informed by pragmatic scholarship.
The previous four LaTiCE conferences have been successfully held in Taiwan (2015), Mumbai (2016), Hong Kong (2017), and Auckland (2018). The 2019 edition was postponed. The seventh LaTiCE conference will be held at Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, Vietnam, from April 24th to 26th, 2020.
LaTiCE2020 is jointly organized by Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, Vietnam and the Uppsala Computing Education Research Group (UpCERG), Uppsala University, Sweden.
The conference includes gatherings for presentations of research papers, practice sharing papers, work in progress papers, group discussions, display of posters, and demos.back to top
Main Conference Themes
- Computer Science and Engineering Education research
- Computing education at all levels, primary, secondary and tertiary
- ICT in Education
Conference sub-themes in more detail
- Computing and engineering education research, theories, and methodologies
- Cultural aspects of computing and engineering education
- Educational technology, software, and tools
- Teaching innovations, best practices, experience sharing in computing and engineering education
- Course module design, proficiency assessment, and module cross-accreditation
- Improving student engagement in computing and engineering
- Collaborative learning in computing and engineering- team and project skills
- Active learning
- Work-integrated learning and project-based learning